Thursday, October 17, 2013

October 17 - First World Problem

I'm bagging this one (I also bagged one from a couple days ago, which was "Secret." If it's "secret," why would I want to Instagram and blog it?). I looked at some of the examples of first-world problems other Instagrammers had chosen, and decided it just wasn't something I could go for. There were shots of:

  • a traffic jam
  • an almost-empty coffee jar
  • a cracked iPhone screen
  • a crying baby in a too-cold swimming pool
  • an empty gas tank indicator
  • empty plastic water bottles
  • running out of snacks

Makes me think our first-world problems are petty and small and have a lot to do with wretched excess. I'm not playing today.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Secret - my mind went to deodorant

1st world problem - water

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

Old, New, First, Second, Third World. ONLY World. Take care of it, take care of everything living on it.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...