Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Off I go …

It's time for my annual fall trek to celebrate Halloween with my younger granddaughter. It's going to be warm in the Triangle this year – up to 75° tomorrow! Which is great, that means she won't have to cover up her good-witch Glinda gown with a sweater or jacket.

I have to stop for sequins on my way to North Carolina. We're recycling her bride's dress from a couple years ago by adding a little bling to the bodice. She has school all week, so I won't actually get to spend much one-on-one time with her. But trick-or-treat is always fun. And maybe I can walk her to school Friday morning before I head home.

While I'm there I plan to visit the Cary, NC, Trader Joe's for – oh, my, there are so many fun things at TJ's that I can't ever find here in the Middle of Nowhere. I used to haunt the yarn shops when I went to my son's, but I have a lifetime supply of yarn, even after the big purge earlier this year, so fiber searches have gone by the wayside.

Now I'm all about consumables and clothes. Heh.

My husband is, as you might guess, delighted with my weight loss, and even more delighted that I'm having fun with the clothes shopping. He frequently says he's never had so much fun watching someone else have so much fun. (I really do think he's The One. Heh.)

One thing I've discovered is that shoes are comfortable when you're not lugging 50-plus additional pounds around. I used to wear Clark's clogs and Birks exclusively because any other shoe hurt my feet.

Since my shoe size has changed, I need new ones for various outfits/occasions. I'm still looking for a pair of black flats to wear with jeans/slacks. I also want a pair of blue suede Minnetonka moccasins. Just because. I've ordered both and had to send them back because the size was wrong, so I'm just going to shop for shoes in person from now on.

At least until I settle on a size that fits.

I also still haven't found a white Oxford button-down shirt. What I've seen is either too dressy or too expensive or the fabric isn't soft enough or, or, or … suffice it to say I'm on the hunt!

Wow, this is a boring me-me-me post. I'm sorry. And I'm sorry for yesterday's, as well. I apparently woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Actually what happened is I found myself in a Facebook debate the previous evening with stupid people who just kept shouting about how bad and awful and terrible Democrats are for wanting to raise the minimum wage.

SERIOUSLY???

I don't have time to go into it here. But I am appalled at the lack of compassion some humans have for their neighbors. The disdainful attitudes and derogatory comments are … well, all I can think is WHO RAISED YOU?

So. Off I go, for a couple of family-fun days decidedly lacking in news and politics. There will be plenty of that when I get back.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

I have white blouses that never got purged from my closet. What size are you now? Will be glad to send to new home.

Unknown said...

I think the shopping posts are fun, and I'd rather read "me-centric" posts than political ones, even though we pretty much agree. I especially love hearing about shopping.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...