Monday, October 14, 2013

Same old, same old

But staying the same AGAIN is better than taking a step or two backwards and recording a gain.

Can I get an AMEN on that?

Two weeks (three weigh-ins) at the same number hardly constitutes a plateau. If I'm still here in a month, then I'll slap that label on. However, since I'm still doing the same stuff and not seeing results, it might be time to do some calorie-cycling or to increase the frequency of the bodyweight training I've been doing.

Whatever. I'm happy, happy, happy.

  • Happy to see a number I haven't seen in years.
  • Happy to know that everything in my closet and dresser fits.
  • Happy to feel good – pain-free and energetic and, sometimes, sassy.
  • Happy to be satisfied with the amount of food I'm eating.
  • Happy to KNOW how happy I am with my progress, instead of wishing I were done.

I have been increasing that bodyweight training frequency, slightly. I'm trying to remember just to throw some curls or squats in on a daily basis, whenever I think of it, rather than just twice a week. The stuff I'm doing doesn't require a rest day for muscle repair. And it doesn't feel like a regimen if I'm just, say, doing squats while I brush my teeth.

My husband took the cutest picture of me walking the other day. He never wants to use my phone for anything. So when he asked if he could use the camera function, so I could see what I look like from behind, I agreed. A little apprehensively, I must admit. Who in their right mind wants to see that view?

During this impromptu shoot, I turned around unexpectedly and I love that he was snapping away. Here are the results. And, yes, I need to get some workout clothes that fit. But baggy = comfortable, and as both of you know: Comfort is my racket!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I told you you had a little butt!

Jack Sprat said...

Learning to stay the same weight was the reason I became a blogger 8 years ago. In that time I have gained sometimes and lost sometimes, but I still hold out hope that one day I'll be blogging about Same Ol, Same Ol !!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...