To use a not-so-paleo-friendly metaphor. Heh.
Because if I hadn't gotten so cocky, I'd be BELOW my original goal.
My weight was back up again this morning, 1.5 pounds: the largest weekly gain I've had all year. HOWEVER – I'm down 1.5 pounds for the month of November. After a stay-the-same October, I'll take that loss, thankyouverymuch. And I still have another week to add to that small loss. You know, the week with the biggest food day of the year in it.
Last Thursday, though, when I weighed myself after our trip – which was all restaurant meals, all the time – I was way down. Like less than 10 pounds from goal down.
So I'm struggling with the gratitude thing this morning. Maybe it would help if I made a list.
- Finding a way to eat that works for me has been HUGE!
- I've had little to no pain since April, when I eliminated grains, legumes, dairy and sugar.
- I've had very few cravings for grains, legumes, dairy or sugar.
- Right this second, as I'm typing, I'm watching the. most. amazing. sunrise. Gotta be grateful for Mother Nature. (We won't talk about what a red sky in the morning means.)
- I've lost 53 pounds this year. Also HUGE!
- My clothes fit well and are comfortable. (And I'm having lots o'fun adding to my wardrobe.)
- I no longer spend my days in yoga pants and my evenings in pajama pants and t-shirts.
- Bloodwork is normal. YAY!
- I get to eat bacon every damned day, if I want to.
Seriously? Could I have it any better? I THINK NOT. Thank you, Jen, for helping a girl out of the blahs and into an attitude of gratitude. It's difficult to give myself credit for a job well done when the job isn't done yet. But I'm well on my way.