Friday, November 15, 2013

Yesterday was …

jam-packed with excitement.

Mostly it was WVFDW stuff, awaiting news of a big economic boost for West Virginia. We thought the announcement was happening at 10 a.m., but it ended up being pushed back to early afternoon. I was able to make some noise about it before I went for a walk with LYNNE!

My husband is my usual and customary walking partner, but it's always a treat when Lynne can get away. We talk non-stop, something that just doesn't happen with that man I live with. Heh.

I learned yesterday that a family friend will most likely be having surgery early next week, which is a huge relief, as the surgery will be life-saving and is absolutely necessary.

I began the day, as I always do, by stepping on the scale. I was shocked – SHOCKED! – to see this:
Quelle surprise!
Only 10 pounds to go. (Oh, and I bought yet another pair of new jeans, this time purple corduroy, in a size EIGHT! Woo hoo!)

This morning's number was a little higher than yesterday's, but yesterday's gave me a huge burst of confidence that maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to hit that eventual goal of minus-65. Maybe not this year, but soon.

And now you know what the terrible-awful number was last Christmas.

I also did a bit of computer maintenance yesterday and got a message that my hard drive could not be repaired. Hmmm. Everything's working fine except Time Machine (Apple's back-up utility), so I was skeptical. I did a couple magic tricks, ran the verification utility again and it said my hard drive was fine.

It was one of those moments when you just stick your fingers in your ears and go la-la-la-la-la. Which verification result is correct? I might do it again today and go for two out of three.

At any rate, all of that busy-ness accounted for my lack of a wordy post yesterday. But captioned photos count for NaBloPoMo, right? Right.

NaBloPoMo (which is short for National Blog Posting Month) has been really good for me. Writing daily (or nearly so) for more than two years has been good discipline and good therapy. I'm fortunate to have the time. And even thought the "Mo" in NaBloPoMo stands for month, it's an ongoing event, happening every month, with different themes (which I customarily ignore). But November is the big month.

Finally, this morning, this happened at the Healthcare Marketplace website:
I happened to see a random tweet suggesting that if you clear your browser cache and cookies you'll be able to create a new healthcare.gov account. I had to create a new gmail address, as well, but by golly IT WORKED!

I've now been notified that I'm not eligible and need to apply for Medicaid. After I'm denied (which I will be), I can go back to healthcare.gov and choose a plan. Plugging numbers into the subsidy calculator, I stand to save about $700 annually.

Color me HAPPY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Congrats on the scale and the insurance.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...