Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday. Again.

I woke up SO EARLY this morning. I've been drinking coffee and cruising my favorite web pages (which would be craftgawker, Pinterest and Facebook) since 4:30 a.m. Oh, and I also cyber-shopped for one more Christmas gift.

So it's Monday, and you both know what that means. One daily weigh-in this week was spectacular, giving me lots o'hope. That loss (last Wednesday) was gone – poof! – by Friday morning (thank you, Thanksgiving dinner!), but I did manage to shed one pound this week, for a total this year of 54.

To recap: I lost 5 in September, ZERO in October and 2.5 in November. Eleven to go. LoseIt! now predicts I'll make my goal January 23, but that's based on losing 1.5 pounds a week.

Ain't. Gonna. Happen.

And I'm not being negative, just realistic. It's December, and while the weather outside is not especially frightful this week … well, it's December, and frightful weather will most likely be happening at some point. Indoor workouts may theoretically burn more calories, but I'm less likely to do them than I am to just get outside for a walk.

Which I will be doing every day this week. Even the overnight lows are supposed to be above freezing. Every time I cut parsley from the herb garden I think it'll be the last harvest of the year, but it bounces right back after a day in the sun.

Also, it's December, and there will be events over which I have no food control.

Tonight, for instance, I'm installing officers in one of the Democratic women's groups in my district. I have a board meeting/luncheon next Sunday. A week from Wednesday my husband and I are going to an advocacy training meeting at which dinner will be provided. There's a little bit of a break and then comes a Christmas Eve open house and Christmas Day dinner (not sure if that will be here at home or at a restaurant). I'll be out of town the weekend following Christmas and then on New Year's Eve I'm making real Hoppin' John – with black-eyed peas, which will be the first legume I've consumed since April.

But I can't start the new year without Hoppin' John. Heh.

Therefore, if I lose any weight at all, given how s-l-o-w-l-y it's coming off now that I'm nearing my goal, it will undoubtedly be a Christmas miracle!

Commenting on the comments:

Gingerzingi, the "If You Give a Mouse …" stories (there are many variations) are much like the book you remember. Very entertaining way to teach kids the concept of consequences.

And Kitten, I'm really sorry I even ventured inside that Kohl's. What IF nobody went to a Black Friday? Wouldn't that be amazing? But I can't imagine it, the advertising is just too juicy and we're such good little consumers. I'm as guilty as anyone. I'd just rather consumer at my laptop in my jammies.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I truly wish NO ONE had gone to the stores that opened before midnight on Thanksgiving night, because the fact that stuff started opening at 6pm that night, really bothered me.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...