Saturday, December 21, 2013

Still. No. Water.

I'm so angry.

We were told yesterday, after an inspection of the repair work to the water pump power system had been completed (or nearly so, there's a bit more to do this morning), that no one from Mon Power (our electric company, owned by FirstEnergy Corp.) was available to come turn the power back on.

They were all on vacation. Because, you know, IT'S THE HOLIDAYS!

Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO know it's the holidays. And I have no water. I can't cook or do dishes. I can't clean. I can't do laundry. I can't shower or flush my toilets.

AND I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!

I took the radical step of reporting an outage this morning and someone actually called me back. I explained the situation to him and learned that, because our outage was a scheduled one and not an emergency, it goes through a different system, and I can't even talk to anyone who has the authority to send someone out until Monday morning.

He gave me another number to call and I talked with a very sympathetic woman who confirmed that nothing could be done today. Or tomorrow. But she promised to keep working on it and also promised she or someone else would call me back this morning.

I'm not holding my breath.

It's unfathomable to me that if workers are available to take care of emergencies on a 24/7 basis, one of those same workers can't be dispatched to restore my service today.

I'm beyond frustrated.

1 comment:

Winnie said...

So sorry you are having to deal with this. I am finding it crazy that nobody can call you back until MON? What the heck? The Gov had to get involved here on LI after the storm and took the electric contract away from LIPA as they were not up to par with the basic are of their customers. Glad you got one sympathetic person to talk to. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Take care!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...