Monday, January 6, 2014

Later's better than not at all

STILL dealing with the remnants of this cold, which invaded my body nearly a week ago. Begone! I'm tired of it!

There has been a bit of improvement. I am generally more comfortable in the evening, thus giving me the false sense that I'm over it. But I wake up stuffy and congested, and I have NO energy for accomplishing anything. I have a to-do list. I just don't have the get-up-and-go to to-do it.

I also had a problem with my right eye being very watery, to the point that the skin around it was red, painful and irritated. Dr. Google had me convinced I had a blocked tear duct, but I'm fine now. Sometimes red, watery eyes go along with a cold, right?

So it was 29 degrees this morning at around 10 a.m. Dropped to 16 by noon and now, at 5:30 p.m., it's a bitterly cold 5°F. It will probably be 10 degrees colder than that by the time I wake up tomorrow. And the wind chill factor will take it down to -20°.

We're keeping the heater on in the garage and both cars are parked in it. (My husband usually parks his vehicle outdoors.) Hopefully the water pipes to the washer won't freeze.

In the house, we're going to open the cupboard doors beneath all of the sinks and keep water dripping from the kitchen faucet. I hope a steady drip, drip, drip overnight won't overfill the watering can. (I can't stand the idea of not collecting that water!)

Whenever there's a big weather event, we always joke about how the weather people get way too excited. Many times it turns out to be much ado about nothing. It appears this time they were right. We didn't get the anticipated snow, but we surely did get the cold and the wind.

Begone! I'm tired of it, too!

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...