Monday, January 20, 2014

My favorite MLK quote

I  printed this out a long time ago; it's stuck to my refrigerator among other important (and not-so) ephemera of my life:
Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’
The Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., said many, many inspiring words during his brief time on earth. I love his passion and decency, his dignity and his commitment.

The Super Bowl, my diet, knitting, the weather, politics … all of that can wait.

It is right, on this day commemorating his birth (which was actually five days ago) – and on all days – to do for others, to work for peace.

To be love.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...