Thursday, January 30, 2014

Was I busy yesterday or what?

Yes, yes I was.

Worked on a graphic design project and remarks for a meeting tonight. All. Day. Long. With a short break to run to town for a couple things, and then remembered on the way home that I forgot quite a few more. So I'm going back this morning.

Grrrr. I hate when that happens.

BUT:

  • The car starts every time I turn the key, thanks to that new battery. 
  • The water has been working fine, although I think the line to the washer (which is located in our detached garage and, yes, that IS terribly unhandy, thankyouverymuch) is probably frozen. I didn't have laundry to do yesterday so I didn't check.
  • We've had no power outages lately and have stayed comfortably warm throughout the polar vortex.
  • We're both retired and have no need to navigate icy roads. I feel terrible for Atlantans and others in the south who've been affected by the latest winter storm.
  • The pantry, freezer and refrigerator are stocked. There's no way we would go hungry in the event of a weather emergency.

Always plenty for which to be grateful.

I finished two knitting projects yesterday. Finally wove in the ends on my blue On The Point vest, which I started last fall. Technically it's not finished until I block it (the points in the front are curling) and sew a closure on it, but I'm only going to put one pewter clasp at the top, so that won't take long. I'm pretty sure I have a clasp in stock. And the blocking won't take long, either.

The other project is the third pair of Felted Clogs for my daughter-in-law. I hope these fit. I'm going to watch them like a hawk so they don't shrink and end up too small again. I need the washer to work to felt them. Might get that done tomorrow, since the sun is out and the temperature will be above freezing. We have a little heat wave coming up and we're more than ready for it.

I bet you were surprised I wasn't here yesterday commenting on President Obama's State of the Union message, right? I figured you got as much commentary as you wanted or needed from the mainstream media outlets. Oh, and I was busy.

I will say one thing, though. Not my original thought, but well worth repeating: Democrats invited teachers and veterans and wounded warriors as guests. Republicans? Hannity and Duck Dynasty.

'Nuff said.

OH. I forgot! Yesterday was weigh-in day and GUESS WHAT?!? I stayed the same. Again.

Always plenty for which to be grateful. Heh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't get over how inconvenient it sounds to have your washing machine in the garage!

Congrats on maintaining, especially with everything going on.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...