Monday, February 10, 2014

Making progress

My computer helpfully purged all my e-mail for me yesterday as I was going through it. All my husband's, as well. THANK YOU, LITTLE MAC!

Seriously, I've no idea what happened, but all of a sudden all of it vanished. And it's still gone. So yay for that, I guess. Saved me at least another hour of scrutinizing pleas to give money and offers to save money.

My e-mail isn't wasn't very exciting.

Today's walk certainly will be. With a predicted high temperature of only 31° and a 50 percent chance of snow, I think the yaktraks will be put to good use. As well as multiple layers of clothing.

My general rule is a four-mile minimum, but I'm willing to suspend that rule for today. I want to keep the streak going, but it really will be too cold (I think, since it's also supposed to be cloudy) to go the distance. I think I'll take a page from Roni Noone and make it a mile on inclement days.

(I only just began reading Roni's blog late last year. Don't ever call me an early adapter! She's been blogging for many years, and has maintained a 70-pound weight loss for many years, as well.) She takes a very common-sense approach to her daily meals, and she has this deal where you do intentional activity in a "what you can, when you can" manner. And then you tweet it with the hashtag #wycwyc.

I haven't participated because my #wycwyc activity is 25 squats while I brush my teeth. Every day.

That would get kind of boring on the Twitter.

Maybe not as boring as my posts here have been lately though. Walking. Weather. Cleaning.

I'm ready to PLANT SOMETHING!

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...