Wednesday, March 12, 2014

If it's Wednesday ...

So both of you know how difficult it's been for me to continue the losing trend I was on last year. I stayed the same weight from early November through the first of the year (I think that's called a plateau, duh) and then started gaining. Not much. But after seven extra pounds showed up I buckled down, got back on the horse, and it seems to be working.

I'm down 3.5 pounds this week, which seems impossible, but whoop! There it is!

I've reset my goals and will do everything I can to make it to the magic BMI of NORMAL by my birthday, which is May 25.

I have 15.5 pounds to go, and 94 days to get there. That would mean losing slightly more than one pound per week. With improving weather conditions (although the next day or two looks a little iffy) to make those outdoor walks possible and pleasant, and with continued vigilance as to what I put on my plate and in my mouth, I think I can get this job done.

We who have watched our weights go up and down and up again for most of our lives know the really hard job is maintaining a perfect number. Doesn't have to be the one on the insurance chart, or even the perfect BMI. Picking a number that works for YOU, getting there and staying there is a real challenge.

Or, maybe, a real opportunity to test your mettle.

Although for the past few years I'd have to say the getting there has been the really hard job. I'm just glad I've found a way to eat that is satisfying and works for me. The results – especially considering my weight-loss history – are hard to argue with.

I'm a strong woman, most of the time. I've attempted many challenges, succeeding at some and failing at others. (Skydiving comes to mind, although I suppose failing at skydiving would mean smashing into the earth. I never made it INTO the plane, let alone out of it!)

I've already made significant progress – losing 50 pounds in a year seems reasonable and safe and worth an attagirl. I don't have to WANT making it to goal more important.

I just have to do it.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...