Tuesday, March 25, 2014

That was nice

Taking a little bloggy break was refreshing. And even though I commit every month to writing every day, I don't feel guilty for missing a few. I even missed one of the photo prompts, mostly because it was "I'm loving," and I was loving being with my younger granddaughter but I don't post photos of her anywhere.

What's not nice? This:
That would be snow. At first light it was only on the ground, but it's now sticking to the driveway and porch and road. I've seen a snowplow go by once, which is kind of silly because it's all going to melt later, when the temperature rockets to a balmy 37° in the early afternoon.

In the meantime … ick.

Food choices over the weekend did not go well, but very little damage was done, according to my weigh-in this morning. We'll see what happens tomorrow, when the official weekly number is recorded.

Saturday was beautiful in North Carolina, and my son and I walked four miles together while his wife and daughter were at a birthday party. Sunday's weather wasn't so great, however – rain and chilly temperatures kept us from any kind of outdoor activity other than running from the car into church or from the car into TRADER JOE'S! I really really like shopping there.

And now, it's back to sort of normal. Winter normal instead of spring normal, but mostly the normal of home: laundry, cooking, cleaning – all the things I don't have to do when I'm someone's guest.

Ah, well. I'm happy that I'm welcome there, and happy to be welcomed home again. It's a good life I have, no matter where I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy we missed the snow this time - it was close, though. And cold drizzly rain is no fun either.

Pollen season is just about to start, so I'll start complaining about that soon.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...