Tuesday, April 15, 2014

See that?

Look! Over there! To the right!

There's a little bloggy badge that says "Featured on BlogHer." Meaning they highlighted one of my posts!

It was yesterday's, of course. Because if it had been an earlier one you would have heard about it by now. They edited it and added links to the offending comments, if you want to pop over and read it again. Heh.

And if you're a new reader who clicked through from BlogHer, welcome. Glad to have you.

Moving ON …

Last week I calculated that I had to walk/run 4.63 miles per day for the rest of the year to make the 1500-mile goal. Today it's down to 4.59. Last week's mileage was good at 30 miles, but the previous week's 44 was super! And look at the difference it made in what I have to accomplish.

Yes, I'm a little obsessed (and worried) about making that goal. WHAT WAS I THINKING?

The recently started Whole 30 is going well. I'm not missing almond-flour baked things nearly as much as I thought I might. I'm also not dropping any pounds, which is kind of surprising, but not alarming. It will happen when it happens, I'm quite confident of that.

The best part of eating this way is having enough energy to mow the entire three acres of grass in one session and having enough extra energy to walk five miles when I was finished. And that was after walking 1.4 miles in the morning (in those dirty boots) to read the electric meter at the water pump. (Yes, we're going through this again.)

Anyhoo … I don't have much more to report today. It's raining and supposed to get colder. Thanks, Obama Winter! Spring was great while it lasted.

2 comments:

idyllicchick said...

I'm so happy to have come across a fellow knitter and WVian through BlogHer! I'll be adding your blog to my feed, for sure. :)

Debbi said...

Thanks, idyllicchick! It's great to welcome a new reader from BlogHer!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...