Saturday, April 19, 2014

TIme flies

… when you're busy.

There've been days – I kind of remember them – that stretched endlessly ahead of me. No plans. No goals. No agenda. Days when I could watch trash tee-vee or read an entire book or lay in the sun. Remember tanning? I haven't "laid out" in years!

Which explains my v-neck, short-sleeved tan lines. Also known as a farmer's tan.

I used to have some tank tops, but I donated all of them to Goodwill a couple years ago, when I realized (at the time) I wasn't ever going to be in good enough shape to sport a tank again.

Fifty-ish pounds less now, and I should probably look for some tee-to-tank tutorials, 'cause I've got way too many tees.

Anyway. I've been pretty busy lately, even finding myself – at times – too busy to eat! That's a rare occurrence for a food addict, but I've actually missed a couple lunches lately. I'm finding I really need breakfast to get the day going. And, um, bacon. The husband really needs dinner, and since I'm the cook, I don't miss many evening meals. (He takes care of his own food during the day, and does that crazy thing known as "eating when you're hungry." Then he has a bowl of cereal or a container of yogurt.)

But it's been kind of interesting to just work through the noon hour and not even realize how much time has gone by.

I've been putting an annual report together for a local foundation, working at the computer until early afternoon. I take a break to walk, having a banana either before or after, and then get back to work until it's time to make dinner.

It's almost like having a job again. Heh. I have a couple other design projects lined up and am really getting into this groove.

Mind you, missing a few lunches hasn't resulted in any weight loss. I've stayed the same weight during this entire Whole 30 (which I started April 6). I still weigh six pounds more than I did last November, when I hit my lowest weight in, oh, probably 15 years.

But the benefits of eating like this trump the number on the scale. I have energy, most days, to do everything that needs to be done. And accomplishing what needs to be done motivates me to do more. It's one of those never-ending cycles that keeps me feeling good about the way things are going.

I don't think I'll be stopping any time soon.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...