Skip to main content

Busier than a …

I can't even come up with a good description for how busy I've been lately and will be the next few days.

The one thing that hasn't fallen off the rails is the walking. Didn't get to walk last Thursday because of the rain, but have continued to walk and/or run every day since, no matter what else is going on. I'm really glad walking is a priority, for the physical and mental benefits.

Yesterday was the first big "cheat" day I've had with food in a long, long time. The day began early (as days are wont to do) and I chose to not eat breakfast before I left. That really set me up for a day of less-than-ideal choices: a mid-morning frappucino with whipped cream, quiche for lunch with the crust and pesto pasta primavera for dinner with the pasta. Quite a decadent day, all in all.

I'm trying not to make judgements about yesterday's food. It's just food. I'm sure I'm going to feel a little achier today than I normally do and I fell into bed right after dinner last night. My energy level was below empty at that point.

The busy-ness continues with a banquet tonight (I have no idea what the menu will be but I'll do my best to eat reasonably) and a family reunion the remainder of the weekend, capped off on Sunday with my birthday. I may or may not be updating the next few days. (After going back and looking at my last post, this isn't really much of an update but more like "more of the same." OH WELL. That kind of illustrates pretty perfectly where my head is at lately, doesn't it?)

At any rate. I'm kinda busy. Gotta go. Thanks for reading, as always.


Toledo Lefty said…
It's hard when you're traveling. It just isn't always practical to bring your own food, and you have to make the best choices you can. When you're tired and hungry, that's harder.

Popular posts from this blog


Update on the water: the circuit breaker tripped, either due to a power surge when the electricity came back on last night OR when lightning struck in the area. My neighbor's electric fence control box got hit in the same area. He was able to reset the circuit breaker for us and we have WATER! I think I'll go do a load of laundry. Heh.

And the winner is …

Kitten with a Whiplash, who left two comments and it was the second (which had nothing to do with the contest) which won the prize. Congratulations, and since the Kitten was the only commenter who expressed any interest in actually winning it, I'm so glad the Universe took care of it. Heh.

What a weekend! But first, how was yours? I hope you did some fun stuff and got some necessary stuff done, as well. It's all about balance.

Saturday was our fun day (but we had to drive, drive, drive to get there and then drive, drive, drive home again, all in one day, boy was I tired). We went to my husband's granddaughter's first birthday party. In addition to a sweet little doll, suitable for ages 0+ (meaning it has no parts that will come loose, and do you know how difficult it is to find dolls for babies when you live in the Middle of Nowhere?), I made her this:

I haven't sewn anything in a month of Sundays, so was a little apprehensive about finishing it on time, but this p…


Well. Well, well, well. Should this morning's scale number be divided between two weeks, or did all of it happen this past week? It's an easy number to divide, and I've been consistent for two weeks, so it should probably be split, doncha think?

That means I lost three pounds for each of the last two weeks. SIX pounds total. Excuse me, I mean
SIX!!!!!! I'm going to do everything I can to stay on track while I'm gone this week. There's little more I can promise. I'm really motivated to keep it up. The dumbbells are packed (and my luggage weighs a ton!), I'm taking a thermos of water in the car and I know where are the rest stops are between here and Nashville. I think I'll walk a bit at each of them, then walk again when I arrive at my destination. Hope to get a total of 80 minutes done by the end of the day. SIX!!!!!!