Monday, May 19, 2014

Grateful for YOU

Thank you for your kind words the past few days. It's been a rough, rough week.

With a couple more in store. Not, thankfully, because of funerals but because of a family reunion and a little weekend getaway. No matter how much fun such events and excursions can be, there's still a lot of planning and preparation to make them happen.

Fortunately the reunion isn't at my house, but at a state park nearby. No one has to make mountains of food and the park offers plenty of recreational activities for those who want it – hiking, golf, horseback riding, an indoor pool, etc. We should have rented a cabin for the weekend, but honestly didn't even consider it. Now we're looking at three days of 70-mile round trips to get there.

Throw my birthday in there, too. The fun never stops.

The trip will be the annual one to the Nash, to watch my older two grandchildren perform in their spring recital. Can't wait for that!

And then it's full-on summer … I hope to do a little garden work every day, instead of a lot once or twice a day. Except on mowing days, of course. Since mowing takes a good three hours, I consider that ENOUGH yard work for any day.

Skipping last Thursday's walk didn't hurt too much, but this week's miles were down quite a bit from the past month. Still … I'm not changing the mileage goal just yet. Two hundred twenty-seven days left this year. If I can average five per day I'll not only make it to 1500, I'll smash it! But being nearly a third of the way there and way more than a third of the way into the year doesn't exactly bode well.

As the young folk say … it is what it is.

Thank you again for your kind comments and warm thoughts. I do appreciate it.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I think you are smart to plan a little garden every day (instead of marathon days) because that is really hard work, especially in heat.

Happy birthday

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...