Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Prepping for the weekend

Today's predicted rain has cut into my schedule a bit. Looks like mowing the lawn cutting the grass will have to wait until we return from our little weekend getaway.

Oh, darn. Heh.

"Lawn" is much too refined a word for the expanse of green stuff growing in the area around my house. Even calling it "grass" is being charitable.

I have, however, managed to transfer the laundry from the washer to the dryer and it isn't even 7:30 a.m. yet. So, yay, me!

As I'm sure you know, you can get a bunch of coupon offers for your birthday from various and sundry companies you've connect to in the past. Companies also will occasionally extend an introductory offer when you like their Facebook pages or sign up for an email newsletter.

Both have recently happened to me and I'm beginning to think my reading on minimalism (which I haven't written about) is taking over my brain. I have a $10 coupon for The Grommet, $5 at DSW and a free burger from Ruby Tuesday.

GUESS WHICH ONE I'M USING?

Yes, we'll be passing a handy-dandy Ruby Tuesday right around lunch time tomorrow. Mmm.

The other coupons will, unfortunately, expire unused because I just can't find anything I'm willing to spend money on, even with a discount. The Grommet has some cool stuff, but it's just stuff. And I have plenty o'shoes at the moment and for the foreseeable future.

What I need is a swimsuit. And since I accidentally ordered two Target gift cards instead of one for my daughter's birthday, I'm going to see what I can find once we hit the Big City. It will – even 46 pounds later – be a traumatic experience, I'm sure.

Yesterday was a good day. I tilled the garden (again, as weeds grow quickly when the space is neglected for any length of time), and planted spaghetti and butternut squash, then walked and got my hair cut.

I'm now heading out for what might be my last walk this week, depending on how things go on our trip. Weekends like this are why I try to walk five or six miles a day when I'm home. I know there will be days I have to miss. I'm trying not to look at this week as a huge setback. But I fear it will be.

However … watching my older grandchildren perform in their spring recital will be worth whatever mileage I have to make up later.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I order my suits and youngest's from landsend. Great options. I order each one in three sizes. I order enough for free shipping. I return at Sears so no return shipping.

I buy middle's at JCPenneys. They have maiden form which have equivalent of full bra in them. The bra IS the suit. But belly is covered. These are tankinis for her worn with swim shorts or swim skirts.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...