Skip to main content

About that hosta

Remember my mentioning a two-leafed hosta that I'd unearthed from beneath the fallen leaves along the driveway? Here's what's left:
Deer like hostas.
So that leaves the astilbe, which is quite pretty. I'm going to wait until it stops flowering to move it.

Moving on.

I'm having some sleep issues. I haven't had trouble sleeping in a long, long time. But lately I've been conking out super early and then waking up in the middle of the night, WIDE AWAKE. My brain starts spinning and after an hour or so all I can do is get up and get going.

I woke up at 2-ish this morning. Got up at 4-ish. Because it's INSANE to get up before 4 a.m., right?

I'm all caught up with social media, Pinterest, and Craftgawker. I've updated my Daily Mile stats. I worked on an ad and found a YouTube video I'd been looking for and nailed down some information I want to use on Twitter.

It's now 5-ish – I'll probably go watch a little television and knit a bit. Once the sun comes up I'm going to clean the house and finish working on my granddaughter's birthday gifts. And by finish, I mean put them in boxes, wrap them and make her card. For some reason I just want that project to be DONE.

Probably because there are a dozen projects lined up behind it, and I'd like to feel like I've accomplished something, rather than continuing to juggle all those balls.


Popular posts from this blog


Update on the water: the circuit breaker tripped, either due to a power surge when the electricity came back on last night OR when lightning struck in the area. My neighbor's electric fence control box got hit in the same area. He was able to reset the circuit breaker for us and we have WATER! I think I'll go do a load of laundry. Heh.

And the winner is …

Kitten with a Whiplash, who left two comments and it was the second (which had nothing to do with the contest) which won the prize. Congratulations, and since the Kitten was the only commenter who expressed any interest in actually winning it, I'm so glad the Universe took care of it. Heh.

What a weekend! But first, how was yours? I hope you did some fun stuff and got some necessary stuff done, as well. It's all about balance.

Saturday was our fun day (but we had to drive, drive, drive to get there and then drive, drive, drive home again, all in one day, boy was I tired). We went to my husband's granddaughter's first birthday party. In addition to a sweet little doll, suitable for ages 0+ (meaning it has no parts that will come loose, and do you know how difficult it is to find dolls for babies when you live in the Middle of Nowhere?), I made her this:

I haven't sewn anything in a month of Sundays, so was a little apprehensive about finishing it on time, but this p…


Well. Well, well, well. Should this morning's scale number be divided between two weeks, or did all of it happen this past week? It's an easy number to divide, and I've been consistent for two weeks, so it should probably be split, doncha think?

That means I lost three pounds for each of the last two weeks. SIX pounds total. Excuse me, I mean
SIX!!!!!! I'm going to do everything I can to stay on track while I'm gone this week. There's little more I can promise. I'm really motivated to keep it up. The dumbbells are packed (and my luggage weighs a ton!), I'm taking a thermos of water in the car and I know where are the rest stops are between here and Nashville. I think I'll walk a bit at each of them, then walk again when I arrive at my destination. Hope to get a total of 80 minutes done by the end of the day. SIX!!!!!!