Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Dinner – One of two

So this week is turning out to be hot. Summertime hot. And I've gotten into a summertime routine of getting the must-do stuff done early, so I can lounge around in the heat all afternoon.

On Monday that included walking and laundry and weeding, which are almost daily must-dos. It also included making some mayo and throwing some chicken breasts in the oven to bake so I could make this oh-so-good chicken salad for dinner.

The only thing I added was a handful of quartered cherry tomatoes, because I happened to have them on hand. I wouldn't have minded having a little crunch, and I think next time – and there will be a next time – I'll throw in some chopped pecans.

Thanks again to my husband's cousin,
Vickie, for the gift of Pure Wraps!
Available in limited areas.
I served part of it on a bowl of chopped salad. No dressing needed, but I did mix the greens with a little olive oil. I also stuffed a couple coconut wraps with some of the creamy, delicious chicken salad and they were perfect.

A nice, cool, summertime dinner that was fairly easy to throw together (once the mayo was made and the chicken was cooked), absolutely delicious and completely paleo-friendly.

Let me know if you try it. And, really, you should try it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those Pure Wraps are interesting. They're not available near me, but on the other hand they're very pricey, so it's probably just as well...

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...