Thursday, July 17, 2014

Forty-five years

So how is it that I've been out of high school for 45 years now? I don't feel that old, believe me.

Well, most of the time anyway. Heh. I hurt my back earlier in the week and, yes, lower back pain does kinda make you feel old … er. [It also keeps you immobile. I managed to get three miles in yesterday and hope to get four in today, but this will be a very light walking week, all in all.]

Wilmington (Ohio) High School, great expanded from when
I graduated in 1969. When I was in school, girls had to wear
dresses and skirts could be no shorter than two inches above
the knees. And, yes, they measured! Sports team members wore
coats and ties on game day. Do athletes still do that nowadays?
Most of the time I think I could pop back into the halls of old WHS and fit right in with my pals. There were six of us who were inseparable back then. We started hanging out together in junior high (now known as middle school, so that tells you how I old I really am), and spent the next six years getting through a young girl's life events together.

And tomorrow I get to see them all again.

Yes, it's high-school reunion time in Wil City.

I've reconnected with a couple classmates through Facebook, and am looking forward to the up-close-and-personal weekend to renew old friendships.

Today is super busy, with both lunch and dinner meetings, so the walk will have to happen this morning and I guess I'll pack my bag this afternoon. No blogging will happen unless I'm really inspired.

Which, I'm sure both of you have noticed, I haven't been lately. But inspiration waxes and wanes and I'm sure my writing mojo back will return one of these days.

Have a good weekend, y'all. I'm sure planning to!

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...