Skip to main content

Day Six DONE

Walked in the morning, a total of 5.5 miles with no pain. The earlier I walk, the less pain I experience. Earlier this year, though, four miles was my limit, so I'm either getting better (as in, the condition – if there is one – is healing) or I'm losing a little weight and taking some pressure off the affected areas.

I'll take it, and I really don't need an explanation or reason.

Food was good, as well. (For those who don't know or who may be new here, I'm six days into another Whole 30. So far, so good!) My walk ran into lunch time, and I had to be someplace in the afternoon, so no lunch, and my calorie intake was less than normal. I was hungry. I didn't die.

So there's that. Heh.

I wore a pair of jeans yesterday. When my weight began creeping back up again, I had to put the little skinny jeans I'd been wearing out of sight. Way too depressing. I bought a couple pairs during the winter but never wore them at all. They were two sizes bigger and felt about a half-size too small. I have lived in yoga pants and skirts All. Winter. Long. Jeans! Just in time for warmer weather!

But knowing they finally fit comfortably gives me hope and motivation to stick with the plan.

Busy day coming up. I need to go to Lowes to arrange for delivery of the last of our new interior doors and a new front door, as well. We're replacing a sliding glass patio door with a French door, the kind that has the blinds tucked in between the exterior and interior glass.

The slider has been broken for a long, long time, but as long as we could still get in and out, no matter how hard we had to push, we procrastinated. Replacing the interior bifolds with six-panels was all it took to make us realize we deserved an attractive entrance door that works properly.

Then I need to get groceries.

It's raining-raining-raining today, and this might have to be a rest-from-intentional walking day. Depends on what the skies are doing when I return from this shopping trip. It's not looking good.
Today, right now. I am a bit southeast of Charleston.
This week. Grrr.


Popular posts from this blog


Update on the water: the circuit breaker tripped, either due to a power surge when the electricity came back on last night OR when lightning struck in the area. My neighbor's electric fence control box got hit in the same area. He was able to reset the circuit breaker for us and we have WATER! I think I'll go do a load of laundry. Heh.

And the winner is …

Kitten with a Whiplash, who left two comments and it was the second (which had nothing to do with the contest) which won the prize. Congratulations, and since the Kitten was the only commenter who expressed any interest in actually winning it, I'm so glad the Universe took care of it. Heh.

What a weekend! But first, how was yours? I hope you did some fun stuff and got some necessary stuff done, as well. It's all about balance.

Saturday was our fun day (but we had to drive, drive, drive to get there and then drive, drive, drive home again, all in one day, boy was I tired). We went to my husband's granddaughter's first birthday party. In addition to a sweet little doll, suitable for ages 0+ (meaning it has no parts that will come loose, and do you know how difficult it is to find dolls for babies when you live in the Middle of Nowhere?), I made her this:

I haven't sewn anything in a month of Sundays, so was a little apprehensive about finishing it on time, but this p…


Well. Well, well, well. Should this morning's scale number be divided between two weeks, or did all of it happen this past week? It's an easy number to divide, and I've been consistent for two weeks, so it should probably be split, doncha think?

That means I lost three pounds for each of the last two weeks. SIX pounds total. Excuse me, I mean
SIX!!!!!! I'm going to do everything I can to stay on track while I'm gone this week. There's little more I can promise. I'm really motivated to keep it up. The dumbbells are packed (and my luggage weighs a ton!), I'm taking a thermos of water in the car and I know where are the rest stops are between here and Nashville. I think I'll walk a bit at each of them, then walk again when I arrive at my destination. Hope to get a total of 80 minutes done by the end of the day. SIX!!!!!!