Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Day Six DONE

Walked in the morning, a total of 5.5 miles with no pain. The earlier I walk, the less pain I experience. Earlier this year, though, four miles was my limit, so I'm either getting better (as in, the condition – if there is one – is healing) or I'm losing a little weight and taking some pressure off the affected areas.

I'll take it, and I really don't need an explanation or reason.

Food was good, as well. (For those who don't know or who may be new here, I'm six days into another Whole 30. So far, so good!) My walk ran into lunch time, and I had to be someplace in the afternoon, so no lunch, and my calorie intake was less than normal. I was hungry. I didn't die.

So there's that. Heh.

I wore a pair of jeans yesterday. When my weight began creeping back up again, I had to put the little skinny jeans I'd been wearing out of sight. Way too depressing. I bought a couple pairs during the winter but never wore them at all. They were two sizes bigger and felt about a half-size too small. I have lived in yoga pants and skirts All. Winter. Long. Jeans! Just in time for warmer weather!

But knowing they finally fit comfortably gives me hope and motivation to stick with the plan.

Busy day coming up. I need to go to Lowes to arrange for delivery of the last of our new interior doors and a new front door, as well. We're replacing a sliding glass patio door with a French door, the kind that has the blinds tucked in between the exterior and interior glass.

The slider has been broken for a long, long time, but as long as we could still get in and out, no matter how hard we had to push, we procrastinated. Replacing the interior bifolds with six-panels was all it took to make us realize we deserved an attractive entrance door that works properly.

Then I need to get groceries.

It's raining-raining-raining today, and this might have to be a rest-from-intentional walking day. Depends on what the skies are doing when I return from this shopping trip. It's not looking good.
Today, right now. I am a bit southeast of Charleston.
This week. Grrr.





No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...