Friday, April 3, 2015

Day Two DONE

Did you know you were going to get a blow-by-blow description of every day of this Whole 30 when you started reading again? HAH! Maybe you will, maybe you won't – I doubt I can come up with something new to say about paleo food and long walks for the next month.

But yesterday offered a bit of a challenge, and had I not been blogging again, I might have blown it this early in the game. SO THANK YOU. Because you are reading again, I stayed on plan.

I had to put together a cheese-and-cracker tray for a get-together last night. No one was in the house with me when I was slicing cheddar and dumping crackers in a basket. I quick-quick covered
everything as soon as I was done. Hershey got to eat the too-thin slivers of cheese – in the past, those would have been MINE.

Cheese and crackers were requested; that wouldn't have been my first choice, but it's done now, and none of the leftovers came home. TAKE THAT, CHEESE AND CRACKERS! I own you!

Hah!

Food was great yesterday – completely on plan. (I didn't go to the event last night, just provided food.) I had a bacon-and-egg breakfast, a tuna salad (made with mashed avocado instead of mayo) for lunch and leftover paleo chili for dinner.

Took two walks – four miles in the morning and two in the late afternoon. Along with my normal everyday walking around the house and garage and yard, I hit 20,000 steps for the day – only the second time I've done that since I got the FitBit in December.

So there you have it. Two days done, 28 to go, feeling terrific, lots of energy, accomplishing things and oh, I'll probably have to walk in the rain today. I remember running in the rain during training for my first half-marathon oh-so-many years ago. I didn't melt. And I won't melt today, either.

Have a great day, and thanks for reading. And I really mean that.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You're a strong woman to resist that cracker and cheese tray. Glad to see you posting again. I have been away a while too.

Debbi said...

But YOU get all the credit. Seriously, if I hadn't gotten some feedback since I began writing again I would TOTALLY have snuck a bite or two. So THANK YOU. And I've missed your posts, Jen. But I sure did like my little break.

D said...

Yum--bacon and egg breakfast :)

It will get easier...every time you pass on those cheese-and-cracker type things, it gets easier. I'm happy to cheerlead you through this month, because I know that a) you can do it! and b) you will feel so much better.

Debbi said...

I LOVE cheerleaders! Thank you! I did something really cool today, will be reporting on it tomorrow. You're right ... One success builds on another.

Debbi said...

I LOVE cheerleaders! Thank you! I did something really cool today, will be reporting on it tomorrow. You're right ... One success builds on another.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...