Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Paris with palm trees

So THIS happened nine years ago today …

Yes, after a whirlwind 13-year courtship, my husband and I tied the knot. He likes to say it's been mostly good since then. I like to say SHUT UP! It's ALL been good!

Heh.

It was hot as hell in Las Vegas. August, after all, is pretty hot in the desert. I was training for my first half marathon, I think, or at least I was running daily, and some random guy I saw a couple early-early mornings (because early-early morning was the ONLY time to run in August in Las Vegas) in a row invited me out for coffee the third time we saw each other.

I had to get married to get hit on by a stranger.

And how is the old married couple marking the occasion? Well, we're not. We're each very busy with separate projects. He has to go to a meeting for his tonight, and I'll be working on mine all day (and all day tomorrow, and the next day, and blah, blah, blah, until the event, which takes place in September, is over). I also have a miserableawfulhorrible summer cold. His event happens Saturday, but we're having company this weekend, so no anniversary-date opportunity in the foreseeable future.

Which is fine. We promised we would do something really special next year, for our 10th anniversary. The only way it will happen is if we make it happen. We have a year to plan it.

Film at eleven.


1 comment:

Vickie said...

I can't believe it has been nine years. If you had asked me to guess, I would have thought 4-5 years ago. Time flies. And what a great post that was, I did remember it.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...