Here's the thing: I NEED to lose some weight before I have this hip surgery. The surgery will be less complicated and the recovery will go more smoothly if I weighed less.
My excuses are all good ones:
- NO exercise – don't believe what you read about exercise not being a factor in weight loss.
- Along with that, those endorphins aren't getting released and I'm in a funky mood most of the time.
- I'm bored, bored, bored – and I eat when I'm bored.
- Motrin relieves my pain better than anything else, but makes my stomach hurt.
- Eating makes my stomach not hurt.
Maybe they're not such good excuses, but they're the ones I'm using, to my detriment.
My future physical therapist, who also is a friend, tried to reassure me that the repair will work and I'll be raring to go, once the recovery period is over. I have, maybe, used that as an excuse as well. Delay, delay, delay … hey! She's a professional!
At any rate … something needs to change. I have to rest a lot (to minimize the pain). But I don't have to rest and eat snacks.
I just had breakfast half an hour ago. My stomach is growling. What would you do?