Monday, December 28, 2015

Three …

Three weeks from today I'll be prepping for the hip surgery. I have a few thoughts this week between holidays …

  • I'm grateful that what's wrong with me can be fixed. 
  • I'm grateful for a financial cushion which makes the expenses for this procedure possible.
  • I'm grateful for the Affordable Care Act. Although insurance companies are still making a profit from human illness (which I think is wrong), my expenses for this procedure are not out of reach.
  • I'm grateful for the ability – still – to clean my house, cook food, do laundry. All of these things take more time than they used to, so …
  • I'm grateful for patience and willingness to work with what I have, instead of feeling frustrated about my loss of mobility.

I also have a few wishes:

  • I wish everyone who is in pain would find relief.
  • I wish everyone facing surgery has a successful outcome.
  • I wish everyone who has a much more serious illness or condition will find comfort and peace.

I'm so lucky. Generally I dismiss people who say "it could be worse," because each person's situation is unique to them.

But … it could be worse.

Looking ahead to next weekend, my friend Vickie and I have come up with a Leap Year Photo Challenge. She did all the prompts and created the website. I did the graphics. We're a team!

If you found a camera under the Christmas tree, or if your new phone's camera is still a mystery, we invite you to join the fun!

And with that … I'm having a new kitchen faucet and garbage disposal installed today. Whatever I need to do that requires water needs to be done prior to the start of the project. So I'd better get moving!

Slowly …

2 comments:

denise said...

Good news - I can attest that January joint replacement surgeries are very successful! I had my knee replaced 1/22/13, and it has apparently taken well enough to withstand the fall I took last week, so I'm sure your hip surgery will be equally successful! :-)

Can't wait for you to get to the other side of your hip issues and find relief from your pain!

Debbi said...

I don't like wishing my life away, but I seriously can't wait for the next three weeks to fly by.

I'm really happy your knee is all right. I now understand why people of a certain age – ahem – are so afraid of falling. I'd never given it a second thought, unless I had to climb up on the roof!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...