Monday, December 7, 2015

Tomorrow, tomorrow!

The wait is nearly over. My first appointment with the surgeon is tomorrow at 1:30 in the afternoon. I can't ever remember being so excited about a visit to the doctor.

Everything I've heard from everyone I've talked to, as well as my own experience with this surgeon (he set my mother-in-law's broken arm several years ago) is good good good. The only caveat I've heard is that you will spend a long time in the waiting room. My 1:30 appointment is likely to be 2:30 or later.

Whatevs. We'll deal with it.

So what I've learned about myself is that a busy day is followed by a not-busy day. I'm still wearing my FitBit One, but it hasn't been tracking accurately lately. What's sad is I don't really much care. You can see, though, by this chart, that rest days follow active days, and that's just the way it is.
The 10,000-step-per-day goal has not been met in many months. Oh, well!
My husband and I gave ourselves a treadmill for Christmas, however, and I'm going to attempt very slow walking on it after we get it set up. Our old one began emitting a burning electrical odor when we used it, and in the interest of safety and not burning down our garage, we took it to a recycling center that accepts just about everything. Including burned-out treadmills.

That machine lasted a very long time, though, so we bought the same brand – a Pro-Form – which worked well for us. We are not runners (sad face), and the less-than-stellar reviews point out that this piece of equipment is not suitable for running. So yay! I think.

I continue to add meals to the freezer. I probably have a month's worth stockpiled at this point. I rarely cook just one meal now – it's just as easy to cook twice as much and put the extra away for the future.

If only I could clean the house once and have it stay clean until I'm back to normal. Ah, well. First-world problem. I'm getting a new hip joint … that's a pretty amazing thing that still doesn't happen in much of the world. Best to be grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, surgeon's appointment! I don't remember, do you have a surgery date scheduled yet?

Treadmill sounds like a good Christmas present. We're giving ourselves a new tent :-)

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...