Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Genius!

I am not disappointed with the new phone, nor with using it as a modem to connect to the internet at higher speeds. In fact, I'm thrilled! The Genius feature on iTunes works for the first time in more than a year. It still takes quite a while to download a song, but the time has been cut significantly – probably 75 percent faster.

You might be wondering what this has to do with fitness or weight loss. Not a damned thing. But it makes me happy, and that's something working on fitness or weight loss hasn't done lately. Heh.

I suppose I could argue with myself that this new technology is very helpful, since it's keeping me busy and out of the pantry. I sure don't want to snack when I can surf the web in the palm of my hand! My phone has a GPS system on it. Genius! It takes videos as well as still photos. Genius! It goes to sleep when I do (actually, it goes to sleep when I tell it to). Genius!

And it makes it possible for me to create way-cool playlists from my music* collection, so I don't have to continually hit the "next" button on the iPod while I'm driving.

Genius!

*The phone also is a music player, but I'm not interested in adding music to it right now. Would I then have to buy a speaker system? This new technology is endlessly fascinating. And spendy. Heh.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...