Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What day is it, anyway?

Besides Gingersnap's birthday, that is. (Go on over and wish her a happy day. I'll wait.)

My son-in-law and I met halfway between my home (WV) and his (TN) on Sunday to deliver one child; I'm keeping my granddaughter for another week. My grandson outfished his sister and my husband last week, so she's hoping the huge bass and catfish that he was able to snag will find her bait this week.

We have lots of other plans, as well, including gardening, antique junk-store browsing and a couple of dance events, one in the neighborhood (so to speak) and one in North Carolina. Which isn't really on the way to Tennessee, but oh, well.

We'll meet her dad near Asheville, NC Sunday and I'll be heading back home, where I will miss both of them terribly.

So many things are less important when grandchildren are around. Like e-mail, for instance. I have 300 unread e-mails in my inbox and as I grab a few minutes here and there to deal with them, I think I might need to unsubscribe from some.

Then again, I might need that information someday!

Anyway, just checking in to let you know I'm alive and well and (mostly) unplugged and really having a good time. Have you missed me? Heh.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...