Monday, January 12, 2015

FitBit FAIL!

So I left last Friday for Tennessee and realized more than two hours into my trip that I wasn't wearing my FitBit.

I wasn't too worried. I remembered throwing a bunch of electronic gadgetry into my laptop bag and figured I'd find it there.

Alas, I didn't. I kind of panicked – it sucks to think you've lost a hundred-dollar doodad less than two weeks after you got it – and called my husband.

He turned the house upside down until I finally suggested checking the sleep t-shirt hanging on a hook in the bathroom. BINGO! I'd packed clean jammies and forgotten to clip the FitBit to my travel outfit before I took off.

I took two walks while I was in TN, and used the activity tracker on the FitBit app on my phone. I'm guessing it estimated my steps, since the device was a few hundred miles away. The only steps that got counted Friday and Saturday were for those two intentional walks.

No steps yesterday until after I got home – after dark, too late (and too tired!) to walk.

At any rate, lesson learned. One more thing to pack next time I take off.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...