Tuesday, July 28, 2015

10 Days

Still haven't been to the doctor ... it's just so darned easy to avoid waiting rooms and X-rays and my doctor suggesting that, ahem, as one gets older one can expect a little pain.

Yes, he's said things like that to me in the past.

So I've not taken an intentional walk for four straight days now, which is killing my mileage goal for the year. I'd planned to walk yesterday, but I missed a step coming down from a stepstool and wow, did I ever feel it (and am still feeling it).

I'm keeping busy. I just don't really feel like writing. Or knitting. Or painting interior walls. The things that are keeping me busy are cutting grass, mostly, and decluttering. My husband's church is having a rummage sale in a couple weeks, and we're taking advantage of that event to clear out some, um, rummage.

If I were moving in a couple weeks, I could probably get rid of a lot more rummage. I'm not quite there yet in my thinking, however.

One thing I've been pondering is this: Just how many drinking glasses does a two-person household need? We don't entertain much, and when we do it's generally just one other couple. If I were going to have a larger event, I'd most likely buy disposable drink and dinnerware. I'm thinking of keeping six large and six small tumblers, which would take care of the rare times we need(?) real glass glasses at the table.

Probably no one remembers what their iced tea was served in anyway.

Anyway. I'm still alive. Still having pain. Still keeping busy.

How about you?

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...