Sunday, January 21, 2018

#MeanPresident

I saw 45's tweet about the marchers when I got home from the rally my husband and I went to, and that was a powerful impetus to continue working against him and his harmful policies. He is disrespectful and demeaning, and so divisive. 

I guarantee that no one was marching to celebrate anything he's claiming to have done. And for him to suggest it is just shameful.

I don't believe in "shaming" a politician. The WV Democratic Women had a "Shame on Shelley" campaign against Senator Capito a few years ago, and it just felt childish and ineffective to me.

However, when the President of the United States acts like a child, shaming may be an appropriate response.

I was energized about the resistance after our rally. When I saw photos of the crowds in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Austin, and other cities across the country, it really began to sink in that America can overcome this #ShitholePresident and that we will.

He's supposed to come to West Virginia for a GOP retreat at the Greenbrier later this month, and dozens of people are organizing protests for that event. I'll be there. It's not supposed to be an anti-Trump rally, but more of an anti-Republican policy statement. Which is fine.

But I'm pretty sure, underneath it all, the message will be that WE want OUR country back.

It's a good day to be kind.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...