Monday, February 5, 2018

Again with the failed intentions

This is the last I'm going to write about failed intentions.

Too much happened this month – dental surgery and weather, mostly – to keep me from staying on track with goals, and continuing to feel bad about it isn't helping.

Need to apply "one day at a time" principle to goals/intentions/resolutions, especially the health-related ones.

On the bright side, I've lost two pounds since I started the failed Whole 30.

So there's that.

I watched the Super Bowl last night, rooting against the Patriots more than for the Eagles. (How's that for a patriotic contest, huh? And yet there are millions of good Americans boycotting the NFL because some players choose to kneel for the national anthem.) This early-to-bed girl surprised herself and her husband by staying awake past halftime (which I thought was very entertaining) all the way to the presentation of the trophy.

I laughed so hard during the NFL Dirty Dancing commercial. Harder than I've laughed since before the 2016 presidential election. Seriously.

And I was happy at the end to see Tom Brady leave the field with his head down. Well, maybe not happy, but certainly satisfied.

Not sure when I'll be back. I guess when I feel like I really have something to say.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...