Saturday, June 19, 2021

Crossing the bridge to get to N&D's place
Dinner with friends last night could be the last social event of our summer. And it's not even officially summer yet! We soaked it all up – the food, the scenery, the conversation … the love. Thank you, N&D.

As we were heading out the door to go to their place, Mike's phone rang. It was Dr. Thakkar from WVU. Not someone from his office. Himself. Letting us know to expect a call early next week to schedule an appointment to see him and Dr. Abbas.

Thakkar's specialty is Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy and Dr. Abbas is Chief of Thoracic Surgery. Should they determine that Mike is a candidate for surgery, that will be the first step in treating and/or curing his cancer.

For me, that call was a tremendous relief, and gives us something to look forward to. We're almost dreading the results of Thursday's PET scan. 

I took pretty good care of myself yesterday until mid-afternoon. Baby steps. 

I'm going to NC today. Will be my first visit there since March 2020, thanks to Covid. And most likely will be my last visit there until this fall, thanks to cancer. I'm taking Claire a cake, and I'm going to enjoy a slice. 

Life is short.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...