Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's just like starting over

Actually, it is starting over.

The old blog got to be quite a burden. I'm hoping to put not quite so much pressure on myself this time. I probably won't post every day. In fact, I can pretty much guarantee that won't be happening.

While I'm still – always? – working on weight loss, I can't make it the be-all and end-all of my life, or my blog. I'm overweight, yes, but I'm fit and healthy according to labwork, and I can still run, albeit slowly.

So, like the header says, I knit and I run and I do both of them repeatedly. When I have something to say, I'll say it.

I do other things, too. I have grandchildren. On May 11, I had three; on May 12, I had six, with the birth of my husband's son's triplet boys. Okay, they're not really mine, they're mine by marriage, but I'm claiming them. Because who doesn't want more grandchildren?

I like to play around with my digital Rebel. I actually began Project 365 this year (you can find my photos here), but gave it up shortly after I quit posting on the old blog. Life just got to be too complicated to keep up with anything. So I pretty much gave up everything.

I'm an active and enthusiastic supporter of Barack Obama in this year's presidential election. And I'm profoundly disappointed that he didn't win a single county in last night's West Virginia primary. I live in the Mountain State, but I can't say I'm too proud of us this morning.

It feels good to be writing again, at least for now. I'm not sure what I have to say; I guess we'll be reading it together.

Thanks for stopping by.


Grumpy Chair said...

Welcome back!

PastaQueen said...

I'm glad you're back too!

Mary Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M@rla said...

Love the blog title, very clever.

My candidate didn't win my state primary either, but personally I will be happy with either one as president! It's a win-win IMO.

Mary Gee said...

Thanks for letting me know about your new blog. I have wondered about you.

G.G. said...

I'm so glad to see you've got another blog! I'd really missed reading your posts, even if I never commented on your old blog!