Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Because I never had a real dorm room

I have about two years’ worth of college credits to go with my life experience, which probably doesn’t count for much on a transcript. All of those credits were earned by taking random classes here and there, while also working and/or raising a family. Thus, the only dorm room I’ve ever been in was my son’s during his freshman year.

My husband and I spend a great deal of our time on the second floor of our garage, which is an office/family room combo. Since his retirement, we’ve taken to calling it our dorm room. We have a couple areas dedicated to our political activism (note the dorm-sized refrigerator; it’s filled with Diet Lime Coke and A&W Diet Root Beer – we’re such party animals!):

Here’s a close-up of the bumper-sticker wall:

No dorm room is complete without a couple posters:

And a set of plastic stacking drawers:

My desk area, which is only clean(ish) because we’re getting ready for 4th of July company:

And finally, a bit of sports stuff. My husband did his post-grad work at WVU; when he retired, one of his co-workers made this for him:

And we just ordered five banners to go above the obligatory big-screen television. Because we’re not really college kids, after all. We would have a very hard time watching TV shows on our iPods. Can you guess which team banners we’ll be pinning up there?

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...