Skip to main content

The Great CD Transfer Project

One good thing about transferring music from CDs to iTunes to your iPod is that you really can’t snicky-snack while you’re doing it. Even if I wanted to, I wouldn’t want to get crumbs on my CDs or have something spill in the CD tray. I’m taking a chance just drinking coffee during the process.

This is going to take a long time. I’ll get some exercise doing it, though. We keep our CDs in an old lawyer’s bookcase in the house. The computer is in the upstairs of the garage. I could dump the CDs in a box and bring them all over at once, but:
  • it would be too heavy to carry, and
  • I would miss out on the stairclimbing activity.
I’m in the Ds now, but since iTunes alphabetizes by artists’ first names, I’m really still in the Bs. And since I’m only about a fourth of the way through the Bob Dylan collection, I’m going to be here for, oh, a while. Maybe another lifetime.

The shopping trip yesterday turned into some kind of weight workout. I didn’t realize just how wobbly one of the front wheels of the shopping cart was until I’d already loaded it with 80 lbs. of water softener salt, 40 lbs. of dog food, two cases of water and all the other crap I couldn’t live without. I couldn’t figure out why my arms hurt when I woke up this morning – it was from trying to keep the cart going straight, when all it wanted to do was turn right!

Running? Knitting? Lately, not so much. Maybe today, though, for both. Have a great weekend! I plan to.


ws said…
If you said you were done with the CD transferring project in one day I would have been really, really jealous. I had to abandon my project, it was too painful. Of course that might be because some of my CDs still have waffle cone batter on them from my Ben & Jerry's days.

Popular posts from this blog


Update on the water: the circuit breaker tripped, either due to a power surge when the electricity came back on last night OR when lightning struck in the area. My neighbor's electric fence control box got hit in the same area. He was able to reset the circuit breaker for us and we have WATER! I think I'll go do a load of laundry. Heh.


Well. Well, well, well. Should this morning's scale number be divided between two weeks, or did all of it happen this past week? It's an easy number to divide, and I've been consistent for two weeks, so it should probably be split, doncha think?

That means I lost three pounds for each of the last two weeks. SIX pounds total. Excuse me, I mean
SIX!!!!!! I'm going to do everything I can to stay on track while I'm gone this week. There's little more I can promise. I'm really motivated to keep it up. The dumbbells are packed (and my luggage weighs a ton!), I'm taking a thermos of water in the car and I know where are the rest stops are between here and Nashville. I think I'll walk a bit at each of them, then walk again when I arrive at my destination. Hope to get a total of 80 minutes done by the end of the day. SIX!!!!!!

And the winner is …

Kitten with a Whiplash, who left two comments and it was the second (which had nothing to do with the contest) which won the prize. Congratulations, and since the Kitten was the only commenter who expressed any interest in actually winning it, I'm so glad the Universe took care of it. Heh.

What a weekend! But first, how was yours? I hope you did some fun stuff and got some necessary stuff done, as well. It's all about balance.

Saturday was our fun day (but we had to drive, drive, drive to get there and then drive, drive, drive home again, all in one day, boy was I tired). We went to my husband's granddaughter's first birthday party. In addition to a sweet little doll, suitable for ages 0+ (meaning it has no parts that will come loose, and do you know how difficult it is to find dolls for babies when you live in the Middle of Nowhere?), I made her this:

I haven't sewn anything in a month of Sundays, so was a little apprehensive about finishing it on time, but this p…