Monday, March 23, 2009

Derailed

I’ve been painting my living/dining/kitchen area since Wednesday. Wednesday! It’s still not finished. In fact, not much painting happened at all over the weekend. Who knew I would suddenly have so much other stuff to do that I couldn’t finish a job that needs to be finished.

I am sick of walking around furniture. I am sick of eating dinner at a table with paint cans for a centerpiece. I am sick of blue tape. I am sick of bare windows. I am sick of uncovered electrical outlets.

I haven’t had time to walk outside (although I’ve been getting plenty of exercise), and the weather has been just about perfect. I want to be raking dead leaves off the perennials and working on the flower beds. Instead I’ve been chained inside doing a lot of necessary tasks, some of which have been income-producing – their only saving grace.

Whine, whine, whine. Oh, and it’s 5 a.m., too. I’ve been up since 3. Insomnia has been a rare event in my lifetime, but lately? One or two nights a week I wake up between 1 and 3 and can’t get back to sleep.

Maybe I’ll get some painting time in today. After I deliver a graphic design job. And get the oil changed. And go to the bank. And, and, and …

1 comment:

Lori G. said...

Maybe your project is like my trying to get my things organized at my new place. I can't do A because A requires B and B is in another room and I need BF to move it but he's out so I'll go ahead and do C but wait, C needs extra drawers from Bed Bath & Beyond and I don't have any money. OK, let's do D and pretty soon, I have a bedroom full of things but no place to put it. Is that how you're living?

(Add the "fun" of going to Lowe's which just makes my knee hurt thinking about it.)

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...