Monday, April 13, 2009

Post-Easter wrap-up

My mother-in-law joined us for dinner yesterday. As long as deviled eggs are on the menu, she’s a very good guest. I fixed all my favorite foods: roast pork tenderloin, asparagus, sweet potatoes and strawberry shortcake. I even created a centerpiece using a few dyed eggs and some hard-cooked brown ones, the colors looked great with our new décor:

The meal was relatively healthy and I didn’t make enough to feed an army for a change.

We had a beautiful day here in the Middle of Nowhere, the kind of day that makes you want to mow the lawn for the first time of the season, except it’s Easter and no one mows on Easter. Our mower was in the shop for its spring tune-up until Saturday, and the grass doesn’t stop growing in April. It’s quite tall and, of course, today’s forecast (and tomorrow’s and Wednesday’s) is for rain. More rain. So good for growing grass.

To my utter surprise, I lost 1.5 pounds over the weekend. Must be those Cadbury caramel eggs. Heh.

3 comments:

Lori G. said...

Yes, the secret to weight loss...Cadbury eggs. ;-) It sounds like a lovely Easter with a wonderful meal.

My dad's already mowed his lawn last week. I remember you saying that you had a lot of lawn to cover....more exercise, I suppose!

Fat[free]Me said...

Hmmm, the Cadbury Egg Diet - it works!

Seriously, well done on your weight loss - that is great news.

(just done my grass - yay!)

Doc Manette said...

Congrats on the weight loss. We failed to make deviled eggs yesterday (always a treat) but I ate my weight in little cheap peanut butter eggs! Arrgh.

Very nice centerpiece, by the way.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...