Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Quote Day

“A [wo]man too busy
to take care of [her]his health
is like a mechanic too busy
to take care of his tools.”

~ Spanish proverb

That would be me.

My to-do list gets longer and longer, and even though the days are getting longer and longer, too, there’s just not enough energy to go around. When the weather is nice, as it has been the past few days, I’m finding that starting the day with a run means that’s all I do.

And I can’t neglect the to-do list in favor of running. I just can’t.

So I might be MIA for a while, while I (in preparation for the annual 4th of July reunion):
  • paint woodwork and doors
  • clean up the perennial beds
  • finish planting the vegetable garden
  • mow, mow, mow
  • clean the garage
  • get crap out of the guest room
  • etc., etc., etc.
I’m not especially happy about this, as I felt I was beginning to get back on track there for a couple of days, anyway. I’m learning, reluctantly, that getting older takes a toll, at least it does on me.

Stuck in the middle of holiday prep will be a short visit to my daughter and her family next week, and some health-care reform activities thrown in just to keep it interesting.

Not only do I need a run, I need a nap!

Hope y’all are managing your time better than I am.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...