Monday, February 8, 2010

The internets are frozen

And so am I.

I'm having trouble getting to a few websites this morning. Do you suppose when your computer has been turned off for a few days it gets cranky and doesn't want to play nice until it warms up a bit? (I know that's not how it works, but it sure seems that way! For example, it took 27 minutes for the "compose post" screen to load.)

My long weekend a couple states south was a nice break from the endless expanse of blinding white snow here at home. Even a full day of rain (.72 inches!) didn't, ahem, dampen our spirits. And yesterday was glorious. I kept marveling at the blue sky during breakfast, and remarked to someone that she didn't seem to fully appreciate the weather. Her reply? "Oh, yes, we do! That's why we live here!"

Good point.

Got home in plenty of time to watch the Super Bowl, which was a super game if you were rooting for the Saints. I wasn't exactly rooting against them, but since Peyton Manning is my NFL boyfriend, I had hoped he and the Colts would prevail. All in all, though, it was a good game (until that interception), and how can you be disappointed when something this good happens to a city that needs something this good to happen?

I'm feeling a little uninspired this morning, so instead of trying to be chirpy and witty, I'm just going to wish you a good Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Interwebs have been slow for a lot of us lately; it's not just you. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around how much snow y'all have - endless expanses of blinding white snow is hard on the eyes. But your spirits are good, so yayyy!

I didn't know Peyton was your NFL boyfriend! I had been routing for the Colts but wasn't all that upset that the Saints won, since it was their first time. I just wish they'd stop with the "who dat?" all the time.

Ah well. Football behind us, it's almost time for pitchers and catchers to report to baseball training camp!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...