Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Almost done, done, done!

The Neverending Everlasting Onandonandon Bagstopper is almost finished. I changed the top of it a bit. The pattern suggested sewing a heavy ribbon on to the top for a handle. I was inspired by my drawstring-top kitchen trash can liner to create a channel with a couple openings. Eight more rows to knit and I'll be ready to insert an old canvas belt to use as a handle.

Pictures soon … maybe as soon as tomorrow!

My knitting to-do list keeps growing. I need to make a Christmas stocking and a blanket for our newest granddaughter. I want to make some flip-top mittens for her mother (can't remember the name of my favorite pattern for these but I'll let you know tomorrow), I think they might come in handy for her (at least as handy as they are for marksmen and photographers!). I also want to make some Mr. Flurry toys for that family of grandchildren. (The link takes you to a page of several patterns; you'll need to register – it's free – to download them.)

And, of course, there's my dream felting project. I might be able to cast on for that tomorrow. When I'm not making mozzarella. We're having company this weekend and they're looking forward to made-from-scratch pizza Friday night.

I am, too, as a matter of fact!

1 comment:

Elora said...

Debbi,
I so admire your knitting skills and artistry. I can't wait to see the new "products." And it's great that you have so many "projected" projects, too! Please post photos as soon as you have them!

Elora

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...