Monday, October 4, 2010

Even with highER speed internet access ...

my computer life can be slow.

Tethering the Blackberry to the computer affords me a vastly improved
internet experience, but sometimes – like this morning, for instance –
there are inexplicable glitches. Right now, for instance, the Blogger
Dashboard refuses to present a screen in which I can create a new post.

As my mother used to say, "There's more than one way to skin a cat."
Thank goodness for the ability to e-mail a blog post.

(One of these days I'm going to have to look up the origin of that
weird expression. I never questioned it when she said it, and she was
always right. There IS more than one way to do just about anything!)

I've been taking advantage of highER online speeds this weekend to
sign myself up for online banking and bill paying. Should my husband
and I decide to head south this winter, we'll need to be able to take
care of business no matter where we land. So far, so good. Why haven't
I done this before?

Oh, right, painfully slow dial-up. Heh.

I also found out that I could register my Kroger Plus card at the
Kroger website and load digital coupons to it. Who knew? I probably
should read those little mailers they send out once in a while, I'm
sure they've told me about this feature.

In this day and age, when we depend so much on thousands of dollars'
worth of electronic equipment for information and entertainment, it's
great to know you can save $3 on toilet paper without cutting out or
even presenting a coupon.

Nothing can speed up my walking, it seems. But at least I'm out there
doing it. So far this month I'm three for three, three miles each day.
I don't see any reason not to continue. It's going to be a little
chilly today – upper 50s for a high – but I have a basket of
headbands, hats and mittens ready and waiting for cool weather.

There goes that excuse.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...