Monday, October 11, 2010

This post brought to you by the number 46

There's nothing like a date made up entirely of ones and zeros to get you thinking about the binary number system. In fact, 10/11/10 (and 10/10/10 and 10/01/10) are the ONLY things that have gotten me thinking about it.

I had to JFGI to jog my memory. I recalled having to learn the system in junior-high math, but couldn't remember how to come up with a value for all those ones and zeros. Professor Google to the rescue!

We have but a short time to exercise these muscles. Once 11/11/11 (73) rolls around, we won't need the binary system again until the 22nd century!

I'm still in Florida, heading home tomorrow afternoon. Dad's memorial service last night was nice, but very hard for my brother. This was more of a neighborhood and church family celebration; my brother and I, and Dad's wife (we lost our mother years ago) were the only family present.

Daddy never knew a stranger, and that was proven again, with a church full of friends and lots of sweet shared memories.

Let the healing begin. Amen.



Sent from my U.S. Cellular BlackBerry® smartphone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Binary numbers make me dizzy. I like looking at them but making sense is just not in the cards. So much for math class.

Yes, let the healing begin for you, your brother, and your dad's wife. Big hugs to you, my dear.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...