Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The times, they are a-changin'

As I mentioned last week, one BIG advantage of walking in town is the availability of public restrooms. Of course the downside of public restrooms is that they're, well, public. And, you know, some people like to write on bathroom walls. And, you know, usually it's not very nice.

Imagine my surprise when I saw this on the door of a public restroom stall today:


What's up with that? How long have we been getting motivational messages from bathroom walls?

Today is my first full day home from Florida and my lucky 13th consecutive day of walking three miles (or more). I forgot to take the Garmin with me Sunday when I was at the beach, but I walked for 70 minutes, so it was well a little more than three miles. I hope I can post a nice big fat 100 for the October total. We'll see.

Looks like I'll be dancing in the rain tomorrow. We'll see; it usually doesn't rain All. Day. Long. There should be a window of relative dryness for at least an hour, sometime.

I'm tired. And glad to be home. And ready for life to resume some kind of normalcy. My husband and I will be watching the UCF-WVU game tomorrow evening – the first college football game we've gotten to watch together since the season started. (The plane I came back home on was full of UCF athletic staffers. The West Virginians on board started the Mountaineer chant. It was quite fun!) That'll be normal.

So will doing the laundry. Heh.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...