Thursday, December 2, 2010

On the 62nd day, she rested

If you're a Facebook friend, you already know that I didn't run or walk outdoors yesterday any longer than it took to get from the car to a store. Three stores and a mall were involved, as well as three hours of purposeful shopping (after I left the dentist's office). I don't count yesterday as a bust, but I also am not counting it toward my December mileage goal.

Sure wish I'd thought to grab the Garmin on the way out the door! Heh.

I can already see that not having a daily mileage goal, as I did in October and November, has managed to trip me up. I know the average number of miles/day I must complete to meet the monthly goal, but I didn't set a daily goal. And now that average number is a little higher. Two-tenths of a mile, to be exact. Compulsive? Who, me?

On the other hand, I wasn't ambling from aisle to aisle. I was striding. And forgetting things. So there was a lot of backtracking. It was blowing snow, 27 degrees (with a wind chill of 15) and I was tired when I got home, and so I decided to take a day off.

I'm not sure how realistic December's goals are, given the weather. We'll just have to see. One day at a time, as they say.

Jane, who is a new reader here, has tagged me with four questions. I haven't been blog-tagged in years! Here goes:

1. Who has had the most influence in your life? In what way has the person (or people) influenced you?
It's difficult to choose, but I think my mother's mother, the only grandmother I ever knew, probably shaped my life more positively than anyone else. She was my best example of true unconditional love, and she certainly taught me what it takes to be a good grandmother.

2. What is your favorite quality about yourself? Similarly, what characteristic would you like to change, lose or modify?
I like to think I'm generous and willing to help when someone is in need. I'd like to be a better listener and to stop interrupting when I think I have something better to say.

3. When was the last time you cried?
I cry a lot lately, every day as a matter of fact, including yesterday. (And, as I completed this paragraph, now.) My father died September 10. Not a day goes by that I don't remember something sweet or silly that moves me to tears. I sure miss him.

4. What was your very best vacation ever and why?
Does a wedding trip count as a vacation? I haven't been on many vacations in my life, so the best one would have to be in August of 2006 when my now-husband and I flew to Las Vegas to be married. We had so much fun. We still do.
If you'd like to ponder these questions on your blog, please consider yourself tagged!

1 comment:

E. Jane said...

Thanks for responding to the questions, Debbi. Great answers, and let's us know you a bit better. I didn't spend any time walking outside yesterday either--because it is so darned cold here in Minnesota. I think having a daily mileage goal would be a good idea for me too. I can too easily put walking on the back burner, especially if the weather is not so good.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...