Monday, January 31, 2011

The last day of the first month of the rest of your life

You did designate January, 2011, as the first month of the rest of your life, didn't you? Heh.

So if some of your New Year's goals have fallen by the wayside – mine would be journaling all of my food and exercise, every day – then today's a good day to reboot the system. Why wait until the first of next month? It's a Monday!

I didn't meet any of my three activity goals, but I'm beginning to think I might have been too ambitious. I need to take into account three things:
  • January weather, which limited outdoor activity
  • I don't care for strength-training (but I keep trying to care)
  • Time spent is probably more important than miles slogged through
I will give myself credit for working out most days in January, and for only going fewer than 60 minutes a couple of times. I haven't tallied the numbers yet. Something to look forward to!

I still have 2GB of data transfer remaining on my USB modem plan this month, and one week to spend it. After helping Elora get up to speed, so to speak, with her high-speed internet service, I started poking around in the iTunes podcasts and found a bunch of language-learning ones. Since my granddaughter is taking French, and I took it in high school, I've decided to learn to parlais francais while I walk. Maybe we can have a real conversation in a foreign language when she visits this summer. Right now we're at the "bon nuit et bon matin" stage. Which is fine, but it could be so much more!

'Cause that's how I roll: more, more, more.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...