Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Quote Day

Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.
~ Doug Firebaugh

Not that all of your tomorrows won't be perfect anyway, right?

I've read and heard about and experienced the phenomenon of success building upon success. We don't suddenly wake up one day running four-hour marathons, throwing gourmet dinner parties or looking like Halle Berry.

Those accomplishments, and countless others, are the result of many days of practice, diligence, consistency and - dare I say it? - blood, sweat and tears.

Layering is not just something you do when you head outdoors during YET ANOTHER WINTER STORM. It's what you do with your life.

We're nearing the end of January already. I could have done better with my goals this month, but I feel good about myself and my overall efforts. I've laid the foundation for future success.

Perhaps the most important word in today's quote is "inch." Success rarely comes swiftly, and lasting success is a process.

What are you doing to inch your way toward a better tomorrow?


Sent from my U.S. Cellular BlackBerry® smartphone

1 comment:

denise said...

I think the only way you can wake up looking like Halle Berry is if you are one of the rare winners of the genetic lottery. Sadly, I don't think I even had a ticket in that one!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...