Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I lied.

Here I am, posting again after I told you I wouldn't.

Against all odds, my husband's tumor is in a salivary gland and is benign. Three doctors told us it wasn't, and so did Dr. Google. But pathology reports are the Final Answer (at least we hope they are!), and suddenly it's easier to breathe.

He will have a second opinion and surgical consultation at Wake Forest in North Carolina, sometime in the near future. The only treatment he'll have to undergo is surgical removal.

Which sounds so much easier than months of radiation and chemotherapy.

Thank you for your comments, thoughts, prayers, wishes and positive energy. Writing about it here has been tremendously helpful to me and, indirectly, to my husband. He's had enough concerns; having to worry about how I was feeling wasn't one of them. You guys did a great job of taking care of me through a most difficult emotional roller coaster ride.

Seriously, I can't thank you enough.

11 comments:

gingersnapper said...

Holy cow. Debbi, I think this is the first time I've ever heard a happy ending to a supposed cancer diagnosis. This is so wonderful, so unacustomedly wonderful, I'm actually at a loss for words! There's just nothing good enough to say.

However: you should still buy that nurse costume ;-)

Mindy said...

This is pretty awesome news! And I agree with gingersnapper...it's rare to hear the good news!

Wonderful!

3XMom said...

oh my gosh - how wonderful!!!!

denise said...

That's FABULOUS news, Debbi. So glad to hear it. And it's solid proof of the validity of this past Friday's quote!

LMI said...

That is wonderful news!!!!!!

Anne M. said...

That's wonderful news, Debbi! What a relief for you both after this difficult waiting time. I'm so happy for you!

E. Jane said...

Great news, Debbie! Bless you both--going through a health scare like this takes a lot out of a person and can leave one feeling vulnerable. Take care and allow your world to get back to normal! I'm so happy for both of you.

D said...

Wow! Smiles all around :)

Catherine said...

oh, wonderful news! I'm so glad for you both.

Solitary Life said...

My daughter is a junior at Wake Forest University. The medical center there is EXCELLENT, you could not make a better choice. I am very happy for you that this turned out well.

MarilynB said...

I just now read this and what a relief. I'm so happy for you both. ;-)

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...