Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Quote Day

It takes the hammer of persistence
to drive the nail of success.
~ John Mason 

To put it another way, little things do add up, eventually.

An example: Eating a healthful breakfast starts my day off right. I don't much feel like eating crap for lunch if I've had a decent morning meal. I do fall into the "well, I had a donut this morning so I might as well blow the whole day" trap occasionally, but not so much when my first fuel is clean.

And, of course, knitting is the perfect example of hammering away, day by day, stitch by stitch, until you've successfully completed the washcloth/scarf/shawl/afghan you started a day/week/month/year ago.

But little things can drag you down, as well.

I had a bit of a temper tantrum last night (and if you know me, that means I pouted and said a bad word) when my bathroom light bulb burnt out. That's the second burned-out bulb this week, and I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't just change all of them at once. You know, make it A Project.

'Cause I need more projects.

In the whole scheme of things, brushing my teeth in the dark is no big deal. It was just one of those "last straw" things, and now I have to make amends to my husband for my crankiness. I hope he didn't take it personally.

I feel unsettled and restless today. There's a lot to do outside when the weather is nice, but that doesn't mean the laundry folds itself or the floors stay clean and shiny without human intervention. I guess since it's Blame Someone Else Day, I'll just point the finger at Friday the 13th (the only one this year!), and abdicate responsibility.

But just for today.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...